How to integrate to Xero
Streamline your timesheet exports and automate payroll with an integration to Xero. With the single click of a button, all of your team’s hours will be exported to your Xero account and be ready for payroll. Atto currently integrates to accounts from Xero in Australia and Xero in United Kingdom only.
Before starting with the integration process, you need to make sure that you've set up your Xero account, including all employee information, pay items and pay calendars.
To integrate to Xero:
- In the Atto web app, go to Settings
- Select Integrations
- Under the Payroll section, find Xero and click on Connect
- Select your organization from the dropdown and click on Allow Access
Next, you will be asked to setup your integration preferences and import your account details. To do so:
- Import your pay items
Map your Xero pay items to the relevant category recorded in Atto. You can only select one pay item per category.
- Atto automatically records and categorizes Regular and Overtime hours based on your Atto account settings.
- Import your team
Match the employees from your Xero account to the correct employee in Atto to ensure that hours from Atto are exported to the correct employee for accurate time and payroll processing.
- If you don’t need to import an employee to Atto, simply uncheck their corresponding box.
- If an employee from your Xero account hasn’t been setup in Atto yet, simply select Invite Employee from the dropdown and add their email address. They will be automatically synced with Xero as soon as they create their Atto account.
- Hurray, you’re all set!
Your Atto and Xero accounts are now integrated and you can export your timesheets from Atto with the single click of a button.
To learn how to export timesheets or change your integration preferences, click here.
To learn how to import new employees, click here.